Thursday, May 7, 2015

Who I am now

I'm sitting outside in the backyard today. It's 30 degrees and it's so nice, it feels like summer. I am sitting listening to music. Somehow this feeling of summer doesn't feel that nice and happy to me. It reminds me to when I came here, and this makes me think of the time I have left in this gorgeus place. It's a weird feeling. I don't want to go back to Spain. I've changed so much and I've grown so much during this experience, my views are not the same anymore and I want to stay here. I've read many blogs of exchange students who have gone back home and they talk about the adaptation that it means. Basically, you've changed so much in your new life that getting back to your old life seems harder than adapting to a new culture. It's been a year since I came here, and even if I miss my friends a lot, I know they've met new people too and they may not understand what I've been through. I know I shouldn't be thinking such in a negative way because I still have some time here and I have to enjoy the rest of my experience, but I seriously don't want to leave! I've met some of my bestest friends here, I love them so much! I'll miss my host family so much too, they've helped me so much with everything and I'll make sure to keep in touch with them. This experience has been AWESOME and I wish I could stay here forever...🇺🇸❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment