Monday, August 25, 2014

Survived the first day of High School!

Okay so today it was my first day of high school, and I can tell it went great! I was so nervous about getting lost and all this stuff (it's so big!) but, lucky me, I didn't, I could find all my classrooms so I am really happy. I asked everybody if they could help me to get to my next class, and they did, but people here is so nice they didn't only tell me where it was,  they also came with me!
When we came in the school I had to go to the second floor to talk with Athena (she's the girl who helps exchange students, makes the schedules, etc) about my schedule and she told me what was my advisory. An advisory is like a room where a group of about 15 girls meet, finish homework and sleep before starting classes, so it's great because you can just relax and talk with your friends before taking any class. Then I had free period, and then I had my first class; International Foods, wich I even didn't choose, but anyways, I am changing this one for Philosphy. Then I  had Modern America in the third floor, so I went downstairs and we started to talk about  us and our life and these things you do in your first day of school. All the people were so nice, and so it was the teacher! I met a girl from Chile who had the same Lunch period as me, so we went to the cafeteria and met some girls. Then we had Outdoor ed, which is like a class where you play sports like kayak, climbing... It was hard to find where that class was, but It looked cool! After this one I had Algebra so I went to the second floor, and I arrived late! Then I had Photography wich looked so cool and the teacher is so nice, and finally I had Good and Evil in Literature, where we spend the time reading American books and talking about them. 

When I finished my classes I went to my advisory again, and it was so nice to talk with those girls about our first day of High School! But the day didn't finish! After having lunch at home, at half past three (it was a weird day), I had Cross Country training for two hours, so I got there and I almost died, we train so hard! We ran and then we did push-ups and abs, oh my god I'll be so fit hahah! Two hours later my host mum picked me up and I had a shower, and at half past six we had a Parents cross country meeting where we talked about the trainings, competitions and that things. 

Now I can say I survived my first day at High School!

2 comments:

  1. Carmelaaaa! Veus com no era tan complicat el tema! Preguntant s'arriba a tot arreu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah no no era pas complicat! com va per aquelles terres?

      Delete